|Gotta run before we die!!|
So last year saw me put in some solid kills week after week, and I finished the year with an average of 68.6km/week and nearly 3600km for the entire year. I'm rather satisfied with these numbers, especially since my first 6 months of last year were a little rocky as I adjusted to the volume and intensity. I predict that should not be as pronounced this year, but as I write this I am currently sidelined with a mild MCL sprain. Seems like January is the month for injuries.
I also posted some great results on the track (well, one great result) and some fine efforts on the road. In order of awesomeness:
- My Epic return to the 1500m on the track, with a blazing 4:21!
- My 10km lifetime PB of 34:54 late last fall.
- My 5km road win in Sudbury, covering a rolling 5km in 16:48!
- Stay Healthy and Injury Free!
- Core/General Strengthening 3x weekly
- Stretch/Roll/Massage 3x weekly
- Run an average of 75-80km/week, for a yearly total of 4000km
- High Weeks of 110km
- Low Weeks of 75km
- Race as much as I can physically handle, and fit into my schedule
- 1-2 times per month after April
- Dip below the following times:
- 1500m: C - 4:20, B - 4:15, A - 4:10
- 5000m: C - 16:48, B - 16:30, A - 16:00
- 10000m: C - 34:54, B - 34:30, A - 34:00
- Find my ideal racing weight, more on this later!